Clearview is one of three neighbourhoods in Southeast Oakville. Clearview is a wonderful place to live, a diverse community, and our residents define the meaning of neighbourly.
Are you looking for a daycare center for your son or daughter in the area? Inside Clearview, there is a YMCA Child Care/Before and After School Program at St. Luke, while James W Hill also has a YMCA Before and After School Program. There is also a Peekaboo Daycare at the southeast end, and a Little Feet Big Dreams Childcare at the south end of Clearview on Sheridan Garden Drive.
There are two Community Centers close by. In Oakville, there is the Iroquois Ridge Community Centre, northeast of Eighth Line on Glenashton Drive, and it offers Oakville residents a variety of activities to take part in. The Centre is equipped with a state-of-the-art library, a competitive swimming pool, a leisure pool with a waterslide, a fitness centre, the Iroquois Ridge Older Adults Centre, and community program rooms. The various programs offered here include: adult programs, aquatics, camps, children’s programs, library registered programs, martial arts, prenatal and beyond, preschool programs, senior services 50+ and Youth programs. In Mississauga, very close by is the Clarkson Community Center, which is on Truscott Road. It is also equipped with a community pool, a large activity studio, a library, an ice arena and a large gymnasium that hosts a variety of programs and recreational opportunities. The various programs offered here include: fitness, skating, and gymnasium sports leagues. There is also an excellent library here. Oakville residents will have to pay a few extra bucks over Mississauga residents, but the additional selection here makes it worth it!
Parks and Trails
There are a number of parks and a trail in the Clearview area. And Oakville really takes care of their parks! The ones here include:
– Kingsford Gardens (south side of Kingsway Drive) which includes a dog park
– Bishopstoke Park (near Kingsway Drive) amenities include tennis courts and playground
– Kingsway Park (on Kingsway Drive near Winston Churchill) includes a playground
– Clearview Park (on Sir David Dr near Wynten Way) includes a soccer field, softball diamond (which is turned into an ice skating rink in the winter)
– Jonathan Park (near Winston Churchill Blvd. and Mississauga border) soccer field and 2 tennis courts
– Wynten Park (on Wynten Way near Gable Drive) includes a splash-pad for your kids on a summer day in addition to a playground
– Avonhead Ridge Trail – a beautiful trail to take your dog or family for a walk.